Youth of the Year is the highest award available in the Boys & Girls Clubs organization. The objective of the Youth of the Year Program is to recognize exceptional Boys & Girls Club members and give them a voice and path to showcase character, leadership, and personal development. This movement begins at the local club level where club professionals foster the traits that help young people grow into responsible and caring citizens. Every year, youth between the ages of 14 and 18 are eligible to compete in the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis Youth of the Year program.
Specifically, the Youth of the Year program helps club members:
• Develop healthy attitudes toward home, community, school, and the Boys & Girls Club
• Recognize the importance of patriotism and good character, and demonstrate them in their daily lives
• Strengthen their moral values
• Build positive self-concepts
• Achieve personal growth
• Improve writing, listening, and speaking skills
• Identify with positive role models
• Develop leadership skills
We invite you to join us as a member of the audience for our 2017 competition on Thursday, February 9th from 5:30 - 8:30 pm at our Technical Training Center.
Space is limited. To RSVP please email Mandy Powell at mandyp [at] bgcm [dot] org